On Friday, April 8, 2011 4:39:30 PM UTC+1, Harry wrote:

> {% extends "base.html" %} works fine, but I want to point to a
> static_dir.
>
> Here is app.yaml:
> - url: /view
>   static_dir: static/view
>
> Here is main.py:
> template_values = {
>         'url': url,
>         'url_linktext': url_linktext,
>         }
>         path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'index.html')
>         self.response.out.write(template.render(path,
> template_values))
>
> Here is the error:
> raise TemplateSyntaxError, "Template %r cannot be extended, because it
> doesn't exist" % parent
> TemplateSyntaxError: Template 'view/base.html' cannot be extended,
> because it doesn't exist
>
> You can browse to the base.html, but class main() cannot see it.
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
> Harry

This is the wrong forum for that question, since it appears to be about
Google AppEngine rather than Django.

However, what you are attempting to do will not work. Files served as static
assets are just that, and not templates. If you want to extend a template,
it has to be in a template directory.
--
DR.