Dear darekodz,

I noticed this myself a while back; It was'nt django specific, and I dont
know about IE, I generally try to avoid using that; But in case of Chrome,
whenever it encounters a 404 error (or certain other conditions) it seems to
decide the visitor is better off being served a generic google
designed/generated status report about whats happening on the page then one
authored by the webserver/webapp itself. I think there was a browser setting
to enable/disable this behaviour.

Im unsure of what other conditions triggered this behaviour, there seemed to
be a kind of random variation to it when it did and didnt occur, but I'll
have to say I didnt put a lot of energy into finding out.

--
Regards,

Yuka