From: django-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Graeck
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:15 PM
To: Django users
Subject: [Suspected Spam] Redoing a C/CGI web app in Python/Django?

Hi all,

Just looking for input ... tips, suggestions, etc.

We have an old web app written in C using CGIs.  All the html is
generating in the C code using print statements. It's become almost
impossible to do anything other than make very minor UI changes due to
the complexity of the code and the tediousness of trying to make UI
updates via 1000s of print statements. So, we're thinking of moving to
something like Django.

Since Python can call C code (libraries, functions, etc, if I'm
understanding correctly - I'm pretty new at Python myself - and
Django), would it be feasible to build the UI templates in Python/
Django and still be able to reuse some of our C code - the stuff that
crunches the huge amounts of data that we have to process?

I've started reading: http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html

But any input (esp from people that might have trie such a migration
before) would be appreciated.

Thanks!