On 14.4.2011 20:12, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
On 14.4.2011 18:21, Shawn Milochik wrote:
If the code sample you pasted is accurate, then you have an extra
space between 'activate' and the next forward-slash.

I doesn't really matter what kind of URL I pass to get() method (I am
actually using reverse mostly), the thing is that I am getting
HttpResponse instead of Response and I don't really understand why.

Just a followup to myself, for anyone who might experience this issue.
I couldn't come up to a reason why I was not getting the right attributes filled in and I did many searches, been looking through the code etc, and in the end I have came across this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1932706/django-test-clients-context-is-empty-from-the-shell.

Basically the issue is that the Django test code monkeypatches the template rendering and that's where these values get their content. Unfrotunately, running this code from the shell doesn't work as I was expecting (am quite new to testing and all this stuff, so I wanted to play around first in the shell to know what to expect.)

Carl Meyer noted that he has a patch to fix this, but is not quite ready yet.