Thank you Mengu. I have tried what you suggested (I was concatenating
the date to the updated field instead) but the problem is that every
time there is a save the date gets added even though the field has not
changed. So I wanted to test if the field was changed and if so
concatenate the date to it if not I would do nothing.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. Much
appreciated.