I have an inline form used in my admin that looks up the value for the
associated model, and dynamically selects the form field widget that's
appropriate for the data. The class looks like:

class MyModelInlineForm(ModelForm):
    attribute_model = ModelChoiceField(queryset=None)
    def __init__(self,*args,**kwargs):
        ...do stuff...

        if not self.instance._adding:
            attribute = self.instance.attribute_model
            self.fields['value'] =
get_form_field_for_attribute(attribute, self.instance)

However, after upgrading to Django 1.3 from 1.2.3, viewing any admin
pages using this form throws the exception:

AttributeError: 'MyModel' object has no attribute '_adding'

I can't find any documentation on the instance._adding attribute, or
how it would have changed since 1.2.3. I've been digging through the
code, but I'm quite stuck. How do I resolve this?

Regards,
Chris