Hello all,

I am uploading some text files through django (using a form FileField), and I am getting InMemoryUploadedFile objects this way. In my handle_uploaded_subtitles() method, which gets the list of InMemoryUploadedFile objects, I would like to compress these files (so that I will get either gzip or bzip2 file, and then save it to a FileField model field.

Currently, I have a this code:

def handle_uploaded_subtitles(self, files):
    for file in files:
        sub_file = SubtitleFile(file_name=file.name, etc)
        # here I need to compress the file
        sub_file.file.save(file.name, file)

Does anyone here have an idea how can I accomplish this?
Thanks!

--
Kind regards
  Daniel