Here is my model (shortened for brevity). It was generated by
inspectdb. I am running Django 1.2 with mod_wsgi, on Ubuntu 10.04 and
apache2.

class CsInvHold(models.Model):
    action = models.CharField(max_length=3, db_column='Action',
blank=True) # Field name made lowercase.
.
.
.
    inventory_ok = models.IntegerField(null=True, blank=True)
    last_update = models.DateTimeField()
    class Meta:
        db_table = u'cs_inv_hold'

This is from my views.py,

    try:
       cs_hold_rec_count = CsInvHold.objects.count()
       cs_hold_rec_list = CsInvHold.objects.filter(inventory_ok=0)

    except ObjectDoesNotExist:
       cs_hold_rec_count = 0

    if request.method == 'POST':
        if 0 == cs_hold_rec_count:
            errors.append('There are no customer synch records on
hold.')
        else:
            rc = sendCsHoldRpt(cs_hold_rec_list)
            if 1 == rc:
                errors.append('There were no recipients defined for
the report.')

    return_dc['errors'] = errors
    return_dc['cs_hold_rec_count'] = cs_hold_rec_count

    return render_to_response('reconcile_inv.html', return_dc,
context_instance=RequestContext(request))

The .count() function works perfectly. What am I doing wrong to get an
object instance instead of the list?
Thank you.