First post, creating first Django project and having a of an issue I
was hoping for some help with!

I'm trying to write my own search which takes as input a user's
location and returns a list of places (from my db) sorted by
proximity. Here's roughly what I've got:

in models.py:

class Place(models.Model):
  def coordinates(self)
    location = Location(self.zipcode, self.street)
    return location

(Location works beautifully, spitting out coordinates of my instances
of Place which I can see on my Place page using a generic view and in
the admin)

But in views.py I can't figure out how to access this information.
I've written a Distance function which works in interpreter, and I can
convert my query into the kind of input the function can handle, but
how can I access the coordinates of Place in a view??

Thanks for the help!