Op vr, 04-08-2006 te 16:55 +1000, schreef Ian Holsman:
> To quote the paper: This “Give-It-Away” license provides no protection
> for anyone if the donated software causes  harm.
>
> ie.. even if you didn't mean it, if I used a piece of public domain
> code in a app I write and it fails, i can still go after the person
> who wrote it and sue them.

I guess that's related to the fact that you can't put something in the
public domain according to the EU law on author's rights.
You can give everyone permission to copy & (re)distribute & (re)publish
it for free forever, but you can't legally say "I'm not the author
anymore" or "I refuse all my rights (and plights) as an author".

--
Jan Claeys