I recently came across FreeHostingCloud.com and wanted to see if it is
possible to deploy django on it since it provides unlimited bandwidth, disk
space and databases and also allows the use of python through fastcgi.

I have been following the guide in the documentation here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/fastcgi/#running-django-on-a-shared-hosting-provider-with-apache

I have uploaded the following .htaccess file to the public_html folder:

AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgiRewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}
!-fRewriteRule ^(.*)$ mysite.fcgi/$1 [QSA,L]

and then created the following mysite.fcgi file, also in the public_html folder
and gave it 755 permissions in order to make it executable:

import sys, os

# Add a custom Python path.
sys.path.insert(0, "/home/<user>/python/")

# Set the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable.
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = "mysite.settings"

from django.core.servers.fastcgi import runfastcgi
runfastcgi(method="threaded", daemonize="false")

I then uploaded django, flup and my project "mysite" to the python folder
mentioned in the mysite.fcgi so that they should be on the python path.
However, whenever I try to access the page, it always just shows the contents
of the mysite.fcgi file instead of the django page.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in using django on
FreeHostingCloud or if anyone could spot anything I may have overlooked.

Thanks,

Ryan