On 12/05/11 12:13 PM, λq wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a legacy Django project to maintain, and now my job is to port some part
of the admin view from MySQL backend to MongoDB.

AFAIK the mongodb as Model backend for django isn't exactly mature
yet, I am thinking of writing customized admin views while using
PyMongo as mongodb driver.

So my question is: Is it possible to write complete overhaul of
django's admin with data provision from a third party? These includes wrap
around mongodb CURD operations, generate HTML forms and validating
data.

What's tbe best practice of doing this? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Use pymongo as DB Driver and mongoengine for Django ORM like wrapper for mongo..

Tx

--
Shamail Tayyab