Hi folks --

I'm working on a site where about 95% of the pages are "static" and
change no more than once a week, and should therefore be cached;
however, there are a couple blocks in the base template (login forms,
blocks that load randomized content, etc) that shouldn't be cached.
Is there any way to enable cache on everything else but disable it on
those blocks?  I feel like it's extremely inefficient to have to hit
the database for page data on every view of a static page because of
that.

I suppose that the static page query results could be cached, but a)
they'd still have to be re-rendered, and b) that would mean updating
every one of about 30 views, and any views built in the future, which
doesn't feel very DRY or maintainable.  Am I missing something, or
misunderstanding something fundamental about how Django's cache
framework works?

Thanks!
-Nan