Hey all,

I have a Django 1.3 app that retrieves user credentials from LDAP.
Most views require the user to be authenticated so I use the
@login_required decorator.

Now, in a form a user can upload a document using a form:

<form action="." method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">{%
csrf_token %}
{{ form }}
<input type="submit" value="Create new CM item">
</form>

I want to log the user's first and lastname who submitted the file in
a model. So, in my view I've tried a number of solutions but all came
up with various errors either related to the @login_required decorator
or complaining that no user exists in the POST object.

This is the latest attempt I have in my view:

def home(request):
    form = SimpleFileForm()
    if request.method == 'POST':
        if 'upload_file' in request.FILES:
            upload_file = request.FILES['upload_file']
            filename = request.FILES['upload_file'].name
            user = request.user
            firstname = user.first_name
            lastname = user.last_name
etc...

It throws this error: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'user'

Does someone know a good way how to do this? (Any suggestions on how
to get rid of the file textfield / browse button and only leave a
submit button to open a select dialog are also very much appreciated)

Thanks,
Michel