John,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:12:59AM -0700, John Wheeler wrote:

> I had to change
>
>    return render_to_response('index.html', {'form': form})

>    return render_to_response('index.html', {'form': form},
> context_instance=RequestContext(request))

And if you're running Django 1.3, you can change:

   return render_to_response('index.html', {'form': form},
               context_instance=RequestContext(request))

to:

   return render(response, 'index.html', {'form': form})

which I just discovered earlier today while fighting with a similar
problem.  I was having trouble accessing currently logged in user info
in my templates because I wasn't using RequestContext.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system?  One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.