On 24 May 2011, at 18:49, AJ wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Can you please give details of plugins that you use for Python/Django in
> MacVim?
>
> Thanks,
> AJ

Sure.

I use this plugin collection:

https://github.com/carlhuda/janus

as well as this extra plugin:

I'm positive there are more out there and I have tried various code folding
plugins but they just slowed me down. If anyone else has any more tips I'd like
to know what the consensus is with vim users for Python / Django development.
My .vimrc file is as follows if you want that as well (it has some stuff for
Haskell in it as well which you can remove):

set nocompatible
set columns=80
if has("colorcolumn")
    set colorcolumn=80
else
    au BufWinEnter * let w:m2=matchadd('ErrorMsg', '\%>80v.\+', -1)
endif
set guifont=Monaco:h14
set guioptions=aAce
set shiftwidth=4
set tabstop=4
set softtabstop=4
set expandtab
set undolevels=1000
set history=1000
set hlsearch
set showmatch
set title
set visualbell
set noerrorbells
set wildignore=*.o,*.swp,*.pyc,*.pyo,*.hg,*.git,*.bak,*.class
filetype on
filetype plugin indent on
" enable omni completion for python
au FileType python set omnifunc=pythoncomplete#Complete
" pyflakes is an intellisense checker for python
let g:pyflakes_use_quickfix = 0
syntax on
au Bufenter *.hs compiler ghc
set confirm
set number
set nowrap
set nobackup
set nowritebackup
set noswapfile
set pastetoggle=<F2>
let g:haddock_browser = "open"
let g:haddock_browser_callformat = "%s %s"