You're right, it would be valid for all subdomains. Hmm ... I can't
see a solution without a hack. Eg: authenticate the user on
agileamp.com and at the same time do a AJAX request to the subdomain's
authentication clone.

This way the a cookie would be set only for the TLD (agileamp.com) and
for the subdomain (whatever.agileamp.com). The two sessions would be
different but I guess that's okay, right?

Now that I think of it it would be simpler to make the session global
and add the subdomain restriction to it. This way when the user visits
a subdomain the first thing you do is to check the restriction in the
session.

Let us know what you come up with!

Lucian