There is a lot of detail for this question, so I'll summarize. I have
two Django projects, each running on a different virtual site and
using a separate wsgi_handler. The first works fine, including logging
in. The second one fails with TemplateDoesNotExist registration/
login.html, but I can reach the first page.

It would help me to get suggestions on troubleshooting this, given the
first Django project can log in fine. The second Django project is
being built, and I pretty much built its login the same way. The
environments are configured identically except with differences in
paths, project names, and so on.

Here are the details. In both projects login is a directory under the
project, in the first project amr and the second project webdev_proj.
The first project's wsgi_handler is configured like this in /etc/
apache2/sites-available/amr

Listen 8002
<VirtualHost _default_:8002>

AliasMatch ^/([^/]*\.css) /usr/local/www/documents/media/$1

Alias /media/ /usr/local/www/documents/media/media/

Alias /static/ /usr/local/www/documents/media/
<Directory /usr/local/www/documents/media/>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

WSGIScriptAlias / /usr/local/www/wsgi-scripts/wsgi_amr_handler.py
<Directory /usr/local/www/wsgi-scripts>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
#

</VirtualHost>

Here are the pertinent configuration details from urls.py
from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
from django.contrib.auth.views import login

# Uncomment the next two lines to enable the admin:
from django.contrib import admin
admin.autodiscover()

urlpatterns = patterns('',
    (r'^$', main_page),
    (r'^login/$', 'django.contrib.auth.views.login'),

Here are the pertinent configuration details from settings.py
# List of callables that know how to import templates from various
sources.
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
    'django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader',
    'django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader',
#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.Loader',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
#    'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'amr.urls'

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/
django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
    '/home/amr/django/templates',
)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.sites',
    'django.contrib.messages',
    'amr.login',
     .
     .
     .
    # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
    'django.contrib.admin',
    # Uncomment the next line to enable admin documentation:
    'django.contrib.admindocs',
)

Here are the details from the second project which is getting this
error when trying to login: TemplateDoesNotExist registration/
login.html.

Here is its apache2 configuration from /etc/apache2/sites-available/
webdev_proj

Listen 8030
<VirtualHost _default_:8030>

AliasMatch ^/([^/]*\.css) /usr/local/www/documents/media/$1

Alias /media/ /usr/local/www/documents/media/media/

Alias /static/ /usr/local/www/documents/media/
<Directory /usr/local/www/documents/media/>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

WSGIScriptAlias / /usr/local/www/wsgi-scripts/
wsgi_webdev_proj_handler.py
<Directory /usr/local/www/wsgi-scripts>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
#

</VirtualHost>

Here are the pertinent configuration details from urls.py
from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
from django.contrib.auth.views import login

from login.views import *

from django.conf.urls.defaults import *

# Uncomment the next two lines to enable the admin:
from django.contrib import admin
admin.autodiscover()

urlpatterns = patterns('',
    (r'^$', main_page),
    (r'^login/$', 'django.contrib.auth.views.login'),
    (r'^logout/$', logout_page),

    # Uncomment the admin/doc line below to enable admin
documentation:
     (r'^admin/doc/', include('django.contrib.admindocs.urls')),

    # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
     (r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),
)

Here are the pertinent configuration details from settings.py
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
    'django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader',
    'django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader',
#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.Loader',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
#    'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'webdev_proj.urls'

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/
django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
    '/home/webdev/django/templates',
)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.sites',
    'django.contrib.messages',

    'webdev_proj.login',

    # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
     'django.contrib.admin',
    # Uncomment the next line to enable admin documentation:
     'django.contrib.admindocs',
)

If you need more details, I'll gladly post them.
Thank you.