On May 27, 10:58 am, MikeKJ <mike.jo...@paston.co.uk> wrote:
> Interesting, I thought I was doing that in my save method but obviously I
> cant be.

Of course it can't. The request only exists when there's an actual
HTTP request sent to your HTTP server. Your model code is (hopefully)
totally independant and unaware of the mere existence of something
like an HTTP request. How else would you work with your data outside
HTTP requests ? (I mean management scripts / commands, cron jobs, GUI
or CLI client, whatever).