Hi, and thanks for your ideas.

Creating a default user and authenticating to that automatically by my
own middleware seems like a way to go. I'd like to avoid doing custom
forms and Django's admin system could relieve me from that.

Not requiring login for unprivileged operations eases learning of the
app, and some parts of the app are likely to remain open.

So, the process should go as follows:

1. User goes to /app/login
2. Login "page" creates authenticated session as the default user (with
limited privileges) using my middleware
3. User is redirected to /admin/app (or /app/admin, I forgot..) where
admin machinery kicks in

If user needs additional permissions, I can create ordinary user object
for that, and direct her to login straight to admin app.

Best,
Jussi