I've got a django app with a periodically scheduled background task that
updates the database. I've written a bunch of tests for its principal class
that are run as part of the django unit test framework. I want to convert
the class to do its work using multiple threads, but I'm having trouble
getting the tests to run against the multi-threaded version.

I've tried sqlite3 and postgres as back-ends, but to no avail. Is there a
problem where the testing framework uses transactions to rollback any
changes from one test to the next and so the evolving state of the database
in that transaction is hidden from the other threads? Can the database
connection (and hence transaction) be shared between the threads? Has anyone
encountered this problem before? (And, ideally, came up with a really neat
solution...)

Thanks,

Brian