hey -

we are dumping results to excel as such:

            response = render_to_response('templatename_excel.html',
{'trs':trs,})
            filename='myfilename.xls'
            response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename='
+ filename
            response['Content-Type'] = 'application/vnd.ms-excel;
charset=utf-8'
            return response

where trs is our record set.  This works fine for office 2003 and open
office but we get an invalid format error when trying to open the item
in office 2010... we can click OK on the alert box and the file opens
but it is still annoying.  Do you have to do anything specifically for
Excel 2010 to get that message to go away?