Well, there are some ways around it if you use dumpdata/loaddata
statements. But for initial fixtures, it causes trouble.
When the DB is created, django will dynamically try to populate the
content-types table. But if you are already putting data into that
table, the primary keys will clash.

When doing your dumpdata, you can try excluding the contenttypes app
and see if that resolves your issues. (it might cause other issues if
you have models that depend specifically on the primary keys of the
contenttypes).

./manage.py dumpdata --exclude contenttypes > initial_fixture.json