I understand your frustration. I'm sorry for not posting my code with
my first post.

my settings.py file (only up to the part I changed) is below:

# Django settings for mysite project.

DEBUG = True
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

ADMINS = (
    # ('Name', 'n...@email.com'),
)

MANAGERS = ADMINS

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.sqlite3', # Add
'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
        'NAME': 'C:/Django/django/bin/mysite/
database.db',                      # Or path to database file if using
sqlite3.
        'USER': '',                      # Not used with sqlite3.
        'PASSWORD': '',                  # Not used with sqlite3.
        'HOST': '',                      # Set to empty string for
localhost. Not used with sqlite3.
        'PORT': '',                      # Set to empty string for
default. Not used with sqlite3.
    }
}

My models.py file is:

from django.db import models
import datetime

# Create your models here.
class Poll(models.Model):
    question = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    pub_date = models.DateTimeField('date published')

    def _unicode_(self):
        return self.question

    def was_published_today(self):
        return self.pub_date.date() == datetime.date.today()

class Choice(models.Model):
    poll = models.ForeignKey(Poll)
    choice = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    votes = models.IntegerField()

    def _unicode_(self):
        return self.choice

Thanks for your help.