Hey guys !

I'm trying to implement a any to many relationship with Intermediary
Models.
I've been following
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/ref/contrib/admin/#working-with-many-to-many-intermediary-models
And I have almost the same code except for names.
The problem : that's crazy slow.

My table Group has 100 rows
My table Person has like 100 0000 rows

So, If I go to a Person, there is no problem to see his groups.
But if from a group I want to see all the persons that's not possible.
(page load never end)

I had a look at the queries the admin generates. And I was a bit
surprised.

First it's selecting my group (eg:select * from group where is =1)
Second it's selecting all my Persons and join it to membership giving
my group id (eg:select person.* from person JOIN membership ON
membership.person = person.id WHERE group = id)
Third it's select all my memberships for my group (eg:SELECT * from
membership WHERE group = id)

Until here I guess it's fine.

Finally it is selecting all my persons (eg : select * from person)  :s
And it is not doing only one time..... like 100 times

So I'm a bit lost, is it the normal behavior ? if yes, is there a
better way to do what i want to do ?
Thanks