I think I'm starting to get the hang of it a little. I was able to
extract the data from the profile and set it as the initial value.
>From what I understand, you would like me to set each user field one
at a time, but if I have 20-30 fields that need to be updated at once,
I'm at a loss. The way that I have my files set up is that I have a
view with the following code:
### views.py ###
def profileFields(request):
    user = request.user
    if request.method == 'POST':
        form = userProf(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            user = form.save(request.POST, user)
            return HttpResponseRedirect('/user/update/success')
    else:
        form = userProf(instance=user.get_profile())
    return render_to_response("/home/oneadmin/webapps/oneadmin/
oneadmin/templates/oneadmissions/profile.html", {'form': form},
context_instance = RequestContext(request))

now my userProf form module has the following save function:
def save(self, new_data, user):
        user.get_profile().colleges = new_data['colleges']
        .....dozen other new_data fields would go here...
        user.save()
        return user

>From what I understand, you want me to put the save information in the
views.py file, but my actual form class is in a different document. So
i decided that it would be better to put it there. Am I on the right
track? Why isn't any information actually being updated?