Did you make sure you completely cleaned out the build directory
between attempts? I.e. manually remove it. Also see (if you haven't
already)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3061277/python-mysql-wrong-architecture-error

I don't know exactly why it's so hard to build on Mac OS X, and I
wrote the package... I do know the MacPorts route works, because
that's why I'm using. The only thing MacPorts seems to do is change
the name of mysql_config to mysql_config5 (because of the way they do
MySQL package versioning). But with MacPorts, you end up building
MySQL itself for your architecture, rather than the fat binary
packages which mysql.com provides.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM, John <jspay...@verizon.net> wrote:
> O.K.  I know that there are a lot of suggestions out there for this
> problem, I think I have tried all of them but I am still getting the
> dreaded error in the subject line loading the MySQLdb module.
>
> Everything was working fine, but I was having problems with a
> LocMemCache so I decided to upgrade from Django 1.2.3 to Django 1.3.
> At the same time I decided to move to Python 2.6 to Python 2.7.  This
> is on Mac SnowLeopard on a MacBook Pro.
>
> I have tried build and install of the MySQL-python-1.2.3 connector
> using ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386", "-arch -686", "-arch x86-64" and "-arch
> x86-32".  I get the same error in all cases.  I can see that the
> module being loaded is the one that was built and installed in each
> case.
>
> ALso, since it was mentioned as the reason for moving to Django 1.3,
> does anyone have any suggestions for solving my cache problem?  I am
> trying to save a rather large dictionary of financial calculation
> numbers to a LocMemCache.  In the debug environment it works just fine
> but when I deploy to an Apache http server the cache seems to get
> cleared between each HTTP request.  Via logging I can confirm that the
> object is serialized to the cache and can be immediately retrieved
> form the cache but the object no longer exists when the next HTTP
> request comes in on the same session.
>
> Thank you for your asistance.

Question the answers