# models.py #

def content_file_name(instance, filename):
    return '/'.join(['uploads', instance.user.username, 'docs',
filename])

class upload_model(User):
    user = models.ForeignKey(User, related_name = 'user_upload')
    title = models.CharField(max_length = 50)
    doc = models.FileField(upload_to = content_file_name)
    objects = UserManager()

# admin.py #

class upload_admin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    fields = ['user', 'title', 'doc']

admin.site.register(upload_model, upload_admin)

# Uforms.py #

class upload_form(ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = upload_model
        fields=['title', 'doc']

    title = forms.CharField(max_length = 50, label = _('Document
Title:'), required = True, help_text = _("This field is required."))
    doc = forms.FileField()

# views2.py #

def handle_uploads(request, key): #title):
    saved=[]

    upload_dir = settings.UPLOAD_PATH % request.user.username
    upload_full_path =os.path.join(settings.MEDIA_ROOT, upload_dir)

    if not os.path.exists(upload_full_path):
        os.makedirs(upload_full_path)

    for key in keys:
        if key in request.FILES:
            upload = request.FILES[key]
            while os.path.exists(os.path.join(upload_full_path,
upload.name)):
                if (request.user.username not in upload.name) and
(request.user.first_name not in upload.name):
                    upload.name = request.user.username + "_" +
upload.name
            dest = open(os.path.join(upload_full_path, upload.name),
'wb')
            for chunk in upload.chunks():
                dest.write(chunk)
            dest.close()
            saved.append((key, os.path.join(upload_dir,
upload.name)) )
    return saved

def upload_view(request):
    user = request.user
    if user.is_authenticated():
        if request.method == 'POST':
            form =upload_form(request.POST, request.FILES, user)
            if form.is_valid():
                file_instance = upload_model()
                saved_file = handle_uploads(request, ['doc'])
#request.POST.get('title'))
                for f in saved_file:
                    setattr(file_instance, f[0])
                file_instance.save()
                return HttpResponseRedirect('/user/update/success/')
        else:
            form = upload_form()
    return render_to_response('/home/oneadmin/webapps/oneadmin/
oneadmin/templates/oneadmissions/documents.html', {'form':form},
context_instance = RequestContext(request))

my urls.py file has a url that links to the upload_view. I just cant
seem to find why the file isn't uploading. Whenever I try to upload
something, it just refreshes the page and states that the given fields
are required (even though I entered all the information). Help please.