I am just getting started with django.  Have been a python developer
for a number of years

I am following the examples in the book The Definitive Guide to Django
and the same error keeps popping up.

"need more than 1 value to unpack"

I understand what it is trying to say, but I do not see where the
problem lies.

I have written 2 almost similar functions.
The first works ( I know that it is not elegant code)
The second gives me the above error.

def current_section(request):
    title="This is the best web page"
    fp=open('my_page.html')
    t=Template(fp.read())
    fp.close()
    html=t.render(Context({'title':title}))
    return HttpResponse(html)

def current_section(request):
    title="This is the best web page"
    return render_to_response('my_page.html',{'title':title})

Also, in the first fucntion above I am getting the same error when I
use the {% include 'nav.html' %} in my_page.html

and I am also getting the same error when I use template tags.

It is happening in so many areas, that there has to be something
commonly incorrect.