On 07/01/2011 05:05 PM, Andreas Pfrengle wrote:
Thanks so far for showing me that I was on the completely wrong
track ;-)

I found that there is really not much official information available
about Hookbox:<http://hookbox.org>. That doesn't make an easy
decision for Hookbox.

Has anyone experience with socket.io and gevent instead? Looks
interesting at first glance:
<http://codysoyland.com/2011/feb/6/evented-django-part-one-socketio-
and-gevent/>
<http://sontek.net/pycon-sprints-part-1-the-realtime-web-with-gevent>

There are other options, such as Orbited, and another on I can't remember the name of but I think 'gorilla' had something to do with it.

Hookbox was presented at PyCon this year, and although hookbox.org seems to be having an issue the github page shows activity from March of this year, and has active forks, including this one:
https://github.com/raikage/hookbox