On Jul 4, 9:51 pm, candlerb <b.cand...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 4:29 pm, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The only reliable and approved way to access your
> > settings is:
>
> >   from django.conf import settings
>
> Excellent, that makes it a lot tidier.

I think this should be written in big bold letters everywhere in
django's doc...

> Here's my full django.wsgi, which I have inside the top-level mysite
> directory:
>
> ~~~~
> import os
> import sys
>
> path = os.path.dirname(__file__)

you might be better with

  path = os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__))

but anyway; your wsgi file should not be in your project root.

> It still fails if I comment out the second bit of path setup (the ".."
> one). However, if I change those two lines to
>
> os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'settings'
>
> and
>
> ROOT_URLCONF = 'urls'

Congratulations <wink>.

> then the app does seem to work happily with just /path/to/mysite in
> the path. Is this a reasonable thing to do? (I guess only if you ever
> have one django project in your path)

Why would you have 2 django projects in your path in this context ?-)