Daniel Poelzleithner wrote:
> After further investigation, i found out that locking of any kind
> doesn't work with apache in prefolk mode, and more or less in the
> threaded mode. I haven't found a nice and clean solution yet to do
> locking on requests, which worries me a little bit. Locking can be a
> important part of apps and I think django should provide a way to have
> working locks regardless which server backend is used.

As Ian has pointed you can use file system as a device for locking
between separate processes. This is not really something specific to Django.

On unix it can look like this:

     from fcntl import flock, LOCK_EX

     def lock():
       f = open('somefile.lock', 'w')
       flock(f, LOCK_EX)
       return f

     def unlock(f):
       f.close()

On Windows, if I remember correctly, you don't use fcntl but use some
exclusive locking options for open().