On Jul 15, 8:34 pm, Nan <ringe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Querysets are evaluated lazily.[1][2]  You may have better success
> using template fragment caching[3] to cache the menu output.

Thanks for the reply.

I read the part about the "lazy" querysets and therefore I suspected
the database not to be hit. This also doesn't count for querysets from
a cache. Perhaps I should turn of caching for the menu (are only a few
items)

Unfortunately template caching is no option for me, because the menu
items depend on a session.