On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I recently upgraded one of my apps to the next iteration. This used a
> third party library, which started spewing out DeprecationWarning
> messages when I deployed it to the test site. None of these warnings
> appeared when I was developing, and I was wondering if there was a
> reason why. The only noticeable difference I can see between the two
> is that I use python 2.7 in development, and 2.5 in test/production -
> dev is on my laptop, where as the others are on dedicated boxes.

The problem here actually lies with Python.

For some reason, Python 2.7 changed the reporting behavior of Warnings
so that DeprecationWarning is ignored by default [1]. So, because
you're developing in Python 2.7, you don't see the warnings by
default; in production, where you're using Python 2.5, you do.

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html#warning-categories

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)