On 8/17/06, Frank Stüss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> is there a best practice to overwrite/extend
> django.db.backends.<mybackend>.creation without doing it in django source?
>
> I want to have a spezialiced ImageField.

Hi Frank,

What I've done in the past, to avoid having to tinker with the backend
source, is to override the get_internal_type method of my custom
fields. By default, it returns the name of the class it is called
from, but you can override that to return the string "ImageField" and
the database table will be created correctly.

Regards,
Ian Clelland
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>