OK, I understand that static JavaScript files, stylesheets and images
should be stored in a /static/ directory and managed by the
django.contrib.staticfiles app.

But a typical project will contain both dynamic HTML pages generated
by Django and (possibly long) static HTML pages.  Such static HTML
pages could be managed using the django.contrib.flatpages app, the
django.contrib.staticfiles app, or by views that render a static
template.  Perhaps there are also other ways.

Can someone tell me which of these, presumably which of the first two
ways, is the recommended way to manage static HTML files?

If the answer is to use flatpages, is it OK to write flatpages that
load other static files such as JavaScript, CSS and JPGs?

Many thanks.

Rodney