Hi,
just one thought - if the update is not much time-consuming, you can
write your view which allways parses the data and then cache the view
for 30 seconds. That way if nobody looks at your page, you won't do
useless work in the background.

See https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/cache/

Regards,
Filip