I keep getting this error:
'str' object has no attribute 'resolve'

when trying to accessing the django admin site and I can't figure out
why.
I have apps within my project that have their own admin.py files.
Could this cause it?
here is my urls.py:

from django.conf.urls.defaults import *

import settings

from django.contrib.auth.views import login, logout

from views import index, simple, complex

from django.views.generic.simple import direct_to_template

# Uncomment the next two lines to enable the admin:

from django.contrib import admin

admin.autodiscover()

urlpatterns = patterns('',

    # Example:

    # (r'^django_jchat/', include('django_jchat.foo.urls')),

    # Uncomment the admin/doc line below and add
'django.contrib.admindocs'

    # to INSTALLED_APPS to enable admin documentation:

     (r'^admin/doc/', include('django.contrib.admindocs.urls')),

    # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
    (r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),

and my admin site has been installed correctly in my settings.py file.
Help please. thank you.