I'm using the django template system for format a text email. I send
it a dictionary and it formats the output. The problem is that it
inserts lots of newlines

Here is the template, and reports is a dictionary that contains an
event and a dictionary of interests

Weekly Contact List For {{date}}
{% for event, interests in report.items %}
    {% if interests|length > 0 %}
        {{event}}
        {% for interest, value in interests.items %}
            {{ value }} {% if value == 1 %} lead {% else %} leads {%
endif %} for {{ interest }}
        {% endfor %}
    {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

Is there a way for it just to print the lines without adding all the
extra blank lines when interests = 0?