Have you tried this in the command window ( assuming python is
installed in c:\python27 ):

c:\python27\python c:\python27\scripts\django-admin.py startproject mysite

On windows you might need to run python scripts through python like
shown above. And add c:\python27; c:\python27\scripts; to your path.

The other question, about os.chdir; you'll have to import os before
calling methods defined in it, like so :

c:\python27\python
>>> import os
>>> os.chdir('c:\temp')

Hope this helps :-)

PS! It seems like your new to python as well. I strongly recommend you
dive into python first before getting into django.

Thomas

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM, squirrel <eternalsquir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to start the tutorial (on Windows by the way) and I can't
> get anywhere. When I enter "django-admin.py startproject mysite" into
> either the interpreter or the Python command line I get the same
> message:
> Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
> (Intel)] on win32
> Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>                                               ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>>

> I've already made sure "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\django\bin" is
> set to my system path settings, and django-admin.py is in bin.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, I haven't been able to cd. I've tried os.chdir(), but it says
> 'os' is not defined. In the Python docs it says that's supposed to
> work on Windows machines, so is that not the right function for what
> I'm trying to do?

Mvh/Best regards,
Thomas Weholt
http://www.weholt.org