It seems that by definition, an M2M field is basically symettrical, at
least underneath.  However,  I'm having trouble figuring out how to
access and set M2M fields in the Django Admin via the Model that
doesn't declare the M2M.

Here is the example I've been working with to try to figure it out:

class Movie(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=50)

class Actor(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=50)
    movie_set = models.ManyToManyField(Movie)

admin.site.register(Movie)
admin.site.register(Actor)

I can set the Movies for the Actor, but I'd like to be able to do
both: set Movies for Actor, or set Actors for Movie.  Is this readily
doable in Django Admin?  I tried using an Inline, but it wanted a
ForeignKey not an M2M.