This may be difficult to explain. I'm a little new to django and the
whole idea of models.

Let's say I'm making an article app, where each article has a creator,
but other users can edit the article at will. I'm having a little
difficult on how to create the models for this.

Firstly, I extend the user profile with the following:

class UserProfile(models.Model):
    #Required field:
    user = models.OneToOneField(User)

    #Other Fields:
    headline = models.CharField()
    industry = models.CharField()
    article= models.ForeignKey(articleModel.article)

Here is the first place I'm getting confused, do I put the foreignkey
field in the user model? My reasoning for it being placed here is
because each article can have many editors.

Now here is my article model:

class article(models.Model):
    #primary key is already true
    creator = models.ForeignKey(userModel.UserProfile)
    title = models.CharField()
    text = models.TextField()

Over here, I put the ForeignKey field so it would relate back to the
creator, because every article has a single creator. (As a side note,
I do want to make it so an article can have multiple creators, but I
don't know what to do in this scenario). I'm finding it a bit odd that
the UserProfile model is referencing the article model, and the
article is referencing it back. Can someone please help me unjumble my
brain?

Thank you. :)