I started the process of testing this on Windows and found that Python
is only about 12MB installed.  Compared to about 120MB for Ruby.  My
thinking now is that all we need is a local copy of Python, a wrapper
script to get Django up and running and to launch a browser at
localhost:8000, and we're golden.

I've gotten Django to run on Windows with Pysqlite2 and set up a basic
app.  My next step is to see if I can build an executable to launch
Django.  I've got a run.py script but it launches Python in a command
window.  Unless I can answer a couple questions I may make a custom
program to handle this:

1. From within my run.py script can I tell it where the Python
executable is, similar to a Linux machine and its "/usr/bin/python"
script header?  I'm looking for a relative path along the lines of
"Python24\python.exe".

2. Can I kick off Django via my run.py script but not have it throw up
a command window?  I'm guessing maybe something with Tk/Tkinter but I'd
like to avoid those extra dependencies if I can.

Thanks,
Rob