Looks very interesting Bryan. But I wonder if you could tell me what
advantages this would offer over just using the Python Image Library.
Same question regarding Joe's suggestion of using pymagick.

btw: Thanks Joe for answering my original question, a post-save hook
sounds like just what I need.

Sean