Very true, oracle is quite difficult to get working (properly at least) in general on windows. Much less what amounts to a beta version of windows. I haven't heard back from the original poster on this, like i said im very curious to see if he was able to get everything working correctly. Everything should work for him since there doesnt seem to be any major kernel changes in windows 8 (unless he's using the Protogon file system, then all bets are off).

Ben