Hey,

I'm still half asleep so I apologize if this is a dumb question. Is the
"Person" the User using this? If so, you should have access to the User
object from the session.
If not, you could probably do a query with the Primary Key to grab the
Person object.

e.g.

person = Person.objects.get(pk = some_integer)
log = Log(person = person, ...)

Hopefully that helps a little bit.