Hi all,

i have the following scenario for a real-estate search engine:

"Ad" table where i define the properties of the ad such as created_on,
expires_on, user_id and is related with a 1-1 FK to the "Property"
table which defines stuff such as sq_feet, district_id etc...

I'd like to keep them separated (though your design advice is more than
welcome) but how do i make sure to populate the Ad table with the
correct property_id which has just been added to the Property table?
The "Get Latest Object" recipe is not safe to use here. Still, if i
wrap everything in a transaction i need to get the property_id just
created.

With SqlServer i would return the @@Identity and use it to populate the
property_id FK on the Ad table... i need something like that.

Hope i expressed my thoughts clearly ;-)

Thanks,
Lorenzo