Hi, I am new to Django AND PostgreSQL. I want to setup a PostgreSQL
backend.

I have created a database
    createdb myproject
Then, as superuser in psql:
    CREATE USER george WITH PASSWORD 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE money TO george;
Then I added this info in settings.py

But, Django gives me an exception:
   Ident authentication failed for user "george"

So I tried the command line:
   psql myproject george -W
This prompted my for the password of george and then returned an
error:
   psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "george"

For now I have entered my superuser name in settings.py, so I could
syncdb. The application works. But, of course I need to get this
working with the user 'george' (fake name for this example) too, so I
can use that in production environment.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Nico