Hello all
    I'm new to django and I have a question.

    I want to find a way to run some code periodicly in the background.
Because I have a fax device which will put incoming call data in the
database, I scan the database each 3 minutes for new incomings.

    In tomcat when I can make a servlet load on startup. I add
"<load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>"  in the web.xml file. This servlet
will be autoloaded when tomcat started and I then started the 3-min rountine
repeatly.

    I wonder how do I do the same in django framework. Or there is some
other way to run some background code periodicly?

    Thank you in advance.

                                                        Ken