On Friday, October 21, 2011 12:10:12 PM Amit Sethi wrote this and sent it to
To: django-users <django-users@googlegroups.com>::

> One of the things that I need is to do is to replace django's user
> backend such that it uses the facebook authentication mechanism .But
> at same time be able to use other third party django plugins . What
> would be an effective way to do that such that third party django apps
> can be integrated without changing any code.

Try django-social-auth. I'm using it on a project right now. It seems to play
nice... but you may run into some limitations when users register - you get
very limited profile data from most Oauth and OpenID providers.

Hope that helps.

-- Mike